I had microdermabrasion and chemical peel earlier today. I have this red rash on my face and forehead. What should I do? (Photo)

Really scared to get a scar on my face please help me

Microdermabrasion caused red rask and swelling

Nice pictures, great question.  Most likely the treating esthetician slightly "overtreated" that area when transitioning between the forehead and the cheek or vice versa. It is entirely possible that the redness, swelling and even slight scabbing will worsen for a few days before it improves, but, I would be very confident that you will have a full recovery.  Moisturizers and sunscreens will be important this week.  Hope this helps. Dr Hartman

Post microdermabrasion

Hi  thanks to share your pic. as you had a combined chemical peel with microdermabrasion procedure  the erythema has occurred..it will settle down slowly hence do not worry.but use a liberal moisturiser and sun screen .no direct sun exsposure for a week.to avoid deep exfoliating face wash also for sometime.over a period of time it will heal.do consult a dermatologist and get treated soon.

Chemical peels

it is possible that the chemical from the peel accumulated in those areas and is reacting with the skin a little stronger in those areas. This can happen with chemical peels. 

If it scabs over, I would suggest applying an occlusive moisturizer like Vaseline on those scans to ensure good healing. And be very cautious with the sun. Apply spf every day, even on a cloudy day, to limit any discoloration. That is best way to promote good healing after a peel. 

Roni Munk, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon