Is this gyno or just fat? (Photo)

I've lost 40 lbs in the summer been working out at the gym 5x but to me this doesn't look like a fat chest. It looks tubular I don't know I'm so confused I don't know what to do. Maybe keep cutting and push harder on incline exercises? I need to know. Please and thank you.

Gynecomastia?

Congrats on your weight loss!  It is possible that you are a candidate for #gynecomastia #surgery to remove excess skin and #breast #tissue.  
It is very difficult to tell just from photos what the best solution would be for your particular case.  You need to make an appointment for a consultation with a #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon to decide what kind of surgery would be best for you.

Gyno or fat?

Thanks for your question. Based on the photo provided, there appears to be an element of gynecomastia. I base this on the shape and additional projection of the nipple and areola relative to the other chest tissue. Weight loss can cause the skin to become lax relative to the volume of the chest tissue. Evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon is key, and it is likely that a gynecomastia procedure that involves gland and possibly skin removal would be of benefit.

Candidate for a gynecomastia removal

From your photos, you seem to be a candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery or male breast reduction. Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary. I have attached a link to help you with your decision!

#gynecomastiaremoval
#malebreastreduction
#gynecomastiaremovalpostop

Gynecomastia

I appreciate your concern, but physical exam would be helpful. However, your photo demonstrates possibly mild Gynecomastia which is usually treated by liposuction alone. The scars are small and well hidden. Insurance may or may not cover it, depends on your policy. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about Gynecomastia, as you may find it helpful. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Weight loss

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is likely that glandular tissue is causing the pointy nipple appearance that you have.  If it is true that you have glandular tissue behind your nipples, it will not go away with exercise and will need to be removed surgically.  Please be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Gynecomastia

It may be skin, fat or glandular tissue.  Best to be seen in person. My guess just from your history and photo may be that it is a skin issue from the weight loss.

Gynecomastia

When you have worked as hard as you possibly can and it's still there it's worth getting a consultation from BCPS.  Chances are it's a little bit of fat and the land together. Can be treated in a very straightforward manner through a tiny almost invisible incision inside your armpit removing both without a visible scar on the front of the chest. Hope this helps.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Is this gyno or just fat?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; you should be proud of this accomplishment! Given your photos and description, it is likely that you are dealing with gynecomastia. Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may or may not  be helpful.
My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.