I am feeling alot of itching on the incisions. Is it part of the healing process? Also, my nipples are hypersensitive.
Doctor Answers 2
Breast reduction - is itching and hypersensitivity normal
- Yes, all of your symptoms are normal ones after a breast reduction.
- Hypersensitivity usually lasts six weeks.
- Swelling improves a lot by six weeks but subsides even more over another 6 months.
- Itching is associated with healing but also to tape -
- So if your incisions have tape over them, ask your surgeon if you can change the tape.