I am feeling alot of itching on the incisions. Is it part of the healing process? Also, my nipples are hypersensitive.

I had BR on august 1st. I feel itching mostly on the incisions under both breasts. But what is the hardest to handle is the hypersensitivity of the nipples. Will this go away? Breasts are also very swollen... Thank you for reassuring me

Sensory issues

Early post-op it is common to have sensory changes that may cause hypersensitivity or hyposensitivity.  Good luck.

Breast reduction - is itching and hypersensitivity normal

Thank you for asking about your breast reduction.
  • Yes, all of your symptoms are normal ones after a breast reduction.
  • Hypersensitivity usually lasts six weeks.
  • Swelling improves a lot by six weeks but subsides even more over another 6 months.
  • Itching is associated with healing but also to tape -
  • So if your incisions have tape over them, ask your surgeon if you can change the tape.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS