Follow up: Gyno or Fat?

I asked a doctor yesterday about it and was happy with the response but I did forget to same some details ... I mentioned I did lose 35lbs I look fairly lean in my opinion and what I did NOT mention is that the chest did reduce during that weight loss process and looks less saggy but its still there I'm 152lbs now.. there's days where I look at it and it looks smaller and then there's days where it looks like this photo? I'm confused I'm asking for a 2nd opinion now. Please and thank you.
Click here to see the original question.

Gynecomastia and fat

Considering there was some response to diet and exercise this indicates the kind of gynecomastia present, but a physical exam is still the best way to determine what treatment is right for you based on the amount of fat or glandular tissue present. If you were not content with your consult, I recommend meeting with another board-certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

Gyno or Fat?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss.  Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction may also be helpful.

My best suggestion: when the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.

Then, communicate your goals, concerns, and questions. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with surgery. Going through this process, you will be able to make an informed decision whether or not to proceed.
You may find the attached link, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Male breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photo.  I think that gland excision and liposuction of the chest would be the best course of action for you.  This will give your chest a flatter, more masculine contour.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Candidate for gynecomastia removal

From your photos, you seem to be a candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery or male breast reduction. Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary. I have attached a link to help you with your decision!

#gynecomastiaremoval
#malebreastreduction
#gynecomastiaremovalpostop

Exam

The exam is key. You need to be evaluated in person to see what is what.  Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Gynecomastia

We have to understand there is a major difference from person to person. That's why questions like this really need a hands on visit with a BCPS who specializes in this type of surgery. I have seen men drop large amounts of weight and the problem dissapeared and the skin was tight while some who went down moderately ended up with loose skin. No way to predict with certainly.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Like the responders said on your original question, a physical exam is necessary to give you a good answer, but I would guess that you have both fat and glandular tissue.  Even when it feels fatty, once the liposuction is done there is often some glandular tissue that needs to be removed with a small incision. I always have my patient prepared to accept that.  The only procedures I regret were ones where I thought the lipo was all that was necessary...only to have to come back to surgery to remove the annoying little lump.