Fat transfer and reduced volume

I had a fat transfer to my hips a month ago and I have noticed that most of the fat has gone. I understand that it is a part of the process but does it come back? I feel like i went through this for nothing.

Final Volume Expectation after Fat Transfer.

In general, by 3 months post-operatively, you should retain 50-80% of the original fat volume transferred.  Consult with your surgeon regarding how much was transferred initially.  That would be helpful to know.  I usually transfer 150 - 400cc of fat to each hip, depending on patient size, shape and personal desires.

Windell Davis-Boutte, MD

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer to hips

If the fat is no longer there, it will not come back.  If you are unhappy with the results, then perhaps have another round of fat injection.