Fat removal lower face and neck. (photo)

What is the best procedure to get rid of fat on my lower face and neck and have a more defined jawline? Thank you

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and lower face. This procedure will help define your jawline. I often perform this procedure using SmartLipo or Laser Lipo. The laser helps tighten the loose skin while removing fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

fat removal in the neck

A full set of photographs and more information is required to make a determination about which procedure to perform. A neck lift involves removal of fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle in the neck along with a platysma plasty. A chin implant allows the chin to come forward for more projection and improve the jawline. A lower face and neck lift is required when the skin tone in the neck is loose and inelastic. For more information and many examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link below

Fat removal lower face and neck.

Hi.  I have performed many facial shaping procedures, using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess fat in front of and below the cheeks, jowls are present and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.   Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  I would combine liposuction to further shape the cheeks, neck and face. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face. Hope this helps.