As I hit my 50s, I've noticed my nose getting bulbous at the tip. Can laser reduce the size? (Photo)

As I hit my 50's I've noticed my nose getting more round at the tip and bubblious. My questions is can lazer reduce the size. My nose has always been very tiny and I'm getting very depressed over it. Here are a few before and after pictures...Hoping and praying lazer can help..

Laser for Tip Reduction

Based on the photos, laser is unlikely to help you. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Laser skin resurfacing

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photographs. It is difficult to perform evaluation through your photos. You probably will not achieve the desired results with laser skin resurfacing; however, see an experienced laser surgeon for detailed evaluation and discussion of potential treatment options. Good luck, 

Lasers to reduce nasal tip

Depending on the reason for the change in the size of your nasal tip, a laser treatment may be able to help. Rosacea can cause enlargement of blood vessels and glands in the nose and this can be managed with a pulse dye laser. The skin can be resurfaced and tightened with a fractionated CO2 laser which would also reduce some bulk. It is best to seek out a consult with a physician who can evaluate your nose and guide you to the best treatment.

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip issue

You would have to be seen in person without make-up. Sometimes this is due to skin conditions and not actually a result of underlying cartilage and bone issues.

Laser can help!

Treatment of the condition you describe is very popular at our facility and the patients are extremely satisfied with the results.  We recommend a consultation appointment for evaluation.

Roy G. Geronemus, MD

Laser and nasal shape

That is a great question - Can a laser reduce nasal size. We actually have brought that question up recently at some of our research meetings. The inside cartilage of the nose can potentially be weakened with some lasers but as far as I know there is no data on it. The skin can certainly be shrunk with laser resurfacing. For patients with rhinophyma - overgrown of skin and glands of the nose - laser resurfacing can help shave it down. For patients looking for a bit of nasal tightening our data shows some nice improvement with the Sciton erbium laser

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon