Breast Augmentation Questions

I am currently a 34A (22 years old and 5''4) and I would like to be a B cup. I am hoping to do my breast augmentation surgery in Toronto or New York. What are the chances/how can I avoid losing nipple sensitivity? Would I still be able to feel my breasts and receive pleasure post-operation? Approximately how long do the 6th generation cohesive silicone gel implants last? Is it true that when you replace your implants, you need to go bigger even if your implants were small initially?

Breast Augmentation Questions

Greetings

Thank you for your question. there is no way to guarantee that you will not lose nipple sensation Breast Augmentation helps patients with their concerns about loss of breast volume due to pregnancy, nursing or weight reduction and asymmetry in breast size, aiming a fuller profile, a more natural look. Available applications are implants and fat transfer or combination of both techniques. There are various implant types and different techniques to place the implant. The proper implant size and shape will be chosen by your surgeon according to your desires. In suitable patients placing the implant from axillary area can be done however in some cases it is better to place the implant via T cut.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Dear Singingsiren101,
While you can fully expect to have B cup breasts after breast augmentation surgery, there is no way to guarantee that you will not lose nipple sensation.  The overwhelming majority of women that undergo breast augmentation surgery maintain their nipple sensation and many even appreciate increased sensation.  However, sensation loss remains a risk.  An inframammary incision approach is less likely to affect nipple sensation.  The current cohesive gel breast implants (gummy bears) are fifth generation implants, not sixth, and all implants, as far as we can tell, have an average lifespan of between 10 and 15 years.  Replacing implants does not require an increase in implant size.  Good luck!

Implants

It is very possible to get a B'ish cup with implants if you start out as an "A".  Most patients have normal sensation after surgery but there are a few that have a change in sensation long term.  Best of luck!

Breast Augmentation

Hello. Thank you for your important questions. In the majority of cases, nipple sensation is maintained after breast augmentation. The choice of incision as well as pocket placement could affect sensitivity. Be sure to discuss the importance of this sensation with your board certified plastic surgeon. While there is no expiration date on breast implants, the best data suggests that people tend to change out their implants every 10 years, but in truth if you are happy with your result at that time there is no need to exchange them. When you get implants at a young age, especially if they are large, your skin,  with aging and possible pregnancies as well as weight loss/gain, will likely stretch out. If this happens it could be well addressed with a lift and an implant of a similar size to avoid larger implants.

Kimberly Singh, MD