21 yr old female. Looking to correct hump, bulbous tip. Is two weeks enough for healing? Are you based in Montreal? (photo)

Hi, I have posted some pictures with/without makeup from the last year and recently. I have always been self conscious about my nose. It's the only part of my face that I feel horrible about. I always felt like I have such great potential to look the way I want but the only thing standing in the way of that is my nose. I'm finally ready to do something about it. 1) I'm a full time student in university Which leaves me maybe two weeks for healing. Is this enough? 2) are you based in Montreal?

Rhinoplasty

Two weeks for recovery will allow for the splint to be removed, sutures removed, and most bruising to go away, Swelling will last a very long time.

Two weeks is plenty of time for you to heal from a rhinoplasty. Complete healing and settling can tale 9-12 months, but you should be back to reasonable activities in 2 weeks. From your photos it appears that you would benefit from removing your dorsal hump, narrowing your bridge, refining your tip, and shortening your nose. This can easily be accomplished using a closed technique. Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

21-year-old female looking to correct dorsal hump and bulbous tip with rhinoplasty

Two weeks is plenty of time in order to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure and get back to school or your work environment. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down. Osteotomies are then required to be placed in the nasal bones to narrow and straighten the bridge line. The bulbous tip can be reduced with a combination of conservative cartilage removal or suture techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip area. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

2 weeks healing time

Generally two weeks is enough healing time after rhinoplasty as you can hide the bruises with cover up. However, you cannot participate in any contact sports for 3 to 6 weeks till the bones are healed and strong. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Healing time for Primary Rhinoplasty

Two weeks is plenty of time for healing of a primary rhinoplasty.  I operate many students on their breaks and they simply need to know that they will not be ready for photographs for a few weeks, but they should be fine to go back to school in two weeks.  Find  board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to do your operation!

Jay Calvert, MD, FACS

Healing time after rhinoplasty

Hi, 2 weeks should be plenty of time to heal. You will still have some swelling for up to a year from surgery, but this shouldn't be noticeable by other people. 

Best wishes!

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Two weeks plenty of time for healing and back to school

Two weeks is more than enough for healing post rhinoplasty.   Total healing takes a year but you will look fine at 2 weeks.  My Best,  Dr Commons