Is it possible taping my nose made it more swollen?

I had rhinoplasty done 4 weeks ago and after getting the cast removed 10 days later. I've been using tape to help swelling. Changing it every 24 hours. The last time I removed my tape (last week) I could see some definition of my nose, (I assume from outline of tape). However now that I haven't worn it I feel there is less definition ! And a bit more swollen! Is this normal ?! Thanks

Using tape after rhinoplasty

It is rather difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern without an in-person exam and in the absence of any photos. Taping your nose is not likely to exacerbate your swelling, but it also does not guarantee a more rapid recovery.  Post-op swelling is not uncommon and may take up to 4-6 months to completely resolve. Considering that you had your procedure done 4 weeks ago, I would advise to give it some time and let the nose "settle" as you are still going through a recovery process. As always, an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain an individualized medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Most surgeons utilize taping of the nose to decrease swelling after rhinoplasty.  With that being said, swelling is a completely normal phenomenon and can often take weeks to months to subside.  Be patient and you will see the definition you are seeking.