What product should I use in my lips? Juvederm, Restylane, Stylage? (Photo)

I'm trying to get .5 or 1ml filler in my lips soon, just trying to decide which is best. I just want my shape, but bigger. I use a little temporary suction plumper some times and I love the way they look. But when they are bigger, asymmetry is SO much more prominent! So I need a doctor in either NYC or Montreal who can fix that, and maybe place it to hide my crooked teeth better when I smile. Any suggestions for product/doctors? I mentioned stylage because they use it in Montreal. It looks great
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Filler

Hyaluronic fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, are used in the lips.  A calcium based filler such as Radiesse should be avoided in the lips. 

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Which Filler For Lips?

While the type of filler plays a part, the most important factor is the injector/doctor who performs the procedure. Any of the fillers you've mentioned will do the job. Perfect symmetry should not be expected. Filler WILL make the lips protrude more as they are filling up an area and the volume has to expand somewhere! The more filler you use, the more the lips will protrude. 0.5ml to 1ml should do nicely. Definitely don't over do it. You can always add on. It's a much more complex to backtrack with fillers. Many fine doctors in NYC who can perform this for you. Pick an area convenient for you, make a list of 10 plastic surgeons or dermatologists, and then look at their before and after photos to get a feel of if the doctor can give you what you want. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician