I have had 2 rhinoplasty approx 20years ago but all the doctor did was shave the bone and tip not the nostrils (Photo)

Nostril reduction is it possible for me or will my nose look worse? I really hate the nostril flare One doctor told me he would have to go in take cartilage from inside and build up the top of my nose he can't touch the tip Since too much was taken off before but I don't know if I want to do more invasive surgery he has to put me to sleep

Nostril Reduction after Rhinoplasty

I understand people are very concerned about privacy but limited pictures such as these also limit our ability to make constructive suggestions. Your nostril flair can be reduced and your lip lift scar revised but I cannot comment on the recommendations of the surgeon you consulted.

Revision Rhinoplasty - Alar base modification

Alar base modification is an effective way to reduce the flare and/or width of the nostrils. However, there is an important relationship between the proportion of the width of the nostrils relative to the width of the tip, and if the nostril width is reduced without addressing the width of the tip - it will appear even more bulbous in comparison. I would need to see better pictures of your nose to make any type of recommendations. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD