I am considering of getting breast implants maybe a c cup or a b cup

I have been looking in to getting breast implants .i have been looking around and getting the info about the procedure .

Information regarding breast augmentation surgery.

Thank you for your question and allow me to provide you with some general information that you will find helpful.  Most patients these days look for good body proportioning and natural contour making it important to avoid an excessively large implant for your frame and breast tissues.  Too narrow diameter an implant will reduce the improvement in your cleavage and too wide an implant will cause too much fullness in the outer part of your chest.  Although saline implants remain available, many patients now choose cohesive silicone gel implants with the hope that they will be more natural in feel, avoid the appearance of rippling and waviness and prove to be more durable and longer-lasting. Keep in mind that replacement of your implants is going to be necessary on one or several occasions but my experience over three decades has shown that the average silicone implant from the previous generation of gel non-cohesive silicone lasted for between 20 and 25 years in most patients with rare exceptions.  It is more likely that after your surgery your breasts may change with future pregnancies or weight change, or if scar tissue develops new implants may be necessary.
My preference in my practice has been toward the use of round smooth cohesive gel implants due to the generally excellent results achieved and their natural appearance.  There are different choices of incisions and each doctor has a preference based on personal experience mine being for the use of either areolar incisions due to their excellent healing or transaxillary incisions with the benefit of having no scar on your breast for implant insertion.  Others choose inframammary incisions but I have seen too many that were visible and remain present permanently so this is not my choice for my patients.
Meet with several ABPS board-certified plastic surgeons after reviewing before-and-after photographs on their websites so that you have some basic information before your consultation.  Review before-and-after photographs and ask all of your questions regarding the choices you have to make so you are comfortable with your decision before proceeding.  The video linked above may help you with some additional useful information.
Good luck and best wishes.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

What is cup size after a breast augmentation?

Cup size is difficult to guarantee after surgery because there is so much variation from the bra manufacturers.  I have noticed that a  Victoria's secret C cup is far different than a Nordstrom brand C cup.  More importantly, the board certified plastic surgeon should try to envision what the patient desires. The surgeon can ask questions about goals to look natural or a more full, round augmented look. This can be done with education tools like TouchMD, 3D imaging tools like Crisalix and sizing with implants. Our 3D imaging system, Crisalix, will allow a patient to virtually try on different implants so they can see what they may look like after surgery. We even have virtual reality goggles that will allow the patient to see themselves in a virtual room with mirrors. They can even look downward at their breasts while we change implant style and size so they can see almost in real time what they might look like after augmentation.  It is amazing!! Good luck on your search for a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I am considering of getting breast implants

Thank you for your question. Please do research on few local board certified PS in your area and go for consultation. In the consult discuss your goals and try sizers and go from there which one you like. Good luck

Breast Augmentation?

When starting out, it is always good to research a few surgeons, as well as the procedure itself.  The American Society of Plastic Surgery is a great place to start when looking for board-certified plastic surgeons.  This is critical in insuring that your surgeon is properly trained and has the real credentials to be doing these surgeries.  Go for a few consultations and see which you feel most comfortable with.  I hope this helps.

Congratulations on your decision to have breast augmentation.  It is important that she find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  You may look up board-certified plastic surgeons in your area by visiting the website of the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Surgeons who are experienced in cosmetic surgery can be found on the website of the American Society of Anesthetic Plastic Surgeons.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Ultimately, you will need to feel comfortable that your chosen plastic surgeon has the experience and ability to achieve the outcome you will be pleased with.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Find the right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants