2 Months Post-op Breasts Very Hard and Haven't Dropped, Is There Something Wrong? (photo)

I'm currently at the 2-month post-op stage and feel that my breasts have barely dropped. My PS and I decided to go from AA to C. At the moment I am a 30E with 350cc implants over the muscle. They really do not look natural to more and are super hard to touch. Is there something wrong?

Hard breasts at 2 months need evaluation, especially over the muscle

At 2 months post-op you are still on the early side of the healing curve, and although your breasts can be expected to continue to change over the next couple of months or so, by this point I would have expected at least some softening and settling to have occurred.  I certainly would not expect them to be "super hard" to touch.  You have not mentioned whether your implants are saline or silicone, and this may be important, because overfilled saline implants, especially over the muscle, can be firm at this stage, and frankly, may always be a bit firm.  Assuming that is not the case, I would be concerned that you are developing early capsule contracture based upon your pictures and your description of things, again, especially because your implants are over your muscle.  This has the highest risk for capsule contracture between over the muscle and under the muscle.  Capsule contracture is important to consider because in my experience, those ladies who respond best to non-surgical treatment of capsule contracture, with drugs like Singulair and Vitamin E, are those in whom we catch it early and treat early and aggressively.  Therefore, you should make an appointment to see your surgeon as soon as possible so that he can evaluate your breasts in person and initiate treatment if indicated.  Good luck.

Firm breasts post aug

It sounds like you were small breasted pre op and your implants fit tightly in the submammary pockets at the time of surgery. You may soften with time, depending on how much scar tissue your body puts around the implants. Your plastic surgeon can probably tell you what your chances are to have a more natural look down the road(6-12) months.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Augmented breasts are usually soft by 2 months post-op

and your photos show very tense breasts with an extreme transition from chest wall to top of the implant.  If your surgeon isn't giving you any information about what is happening, consider getting a second opinion.  If your implants don't move around much, your pockets may need to be made larger and that will soften the upper pole look.  You can ask your surgeon about this.

Curtis Wong, MD

2 Months Post-op Breasts Very Hard and Haven't Dropped, Is There Something Wrong?

Can not respond without an IN PERSON examination! Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions to see "what is wrong"??

You will benefit by breast augmentation revision.

Hi.

The almost constant truth is that if you are not happy at two months, you will not be happy.  You probably need somewhat smaller breast implants, and revision of the implant pockets so they are lower. Implants do not "drop", unfortunately.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)