One month post OP TT now want fat transfer to butt. Can this be done how long do I have to wait?

Where can the fat come from if I had a tummy tuck. I thought I would be happy with just TT but now I want my butt a little bigger.

Fat transfer to buttock

You can actually remove fat from any area of the body and transfer it.You can take it from your saddle bags or flanks.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

It should be said to you before surgery not after because normally is done in one single stage

during TT we normally do a lypo and we utilize the fat to implant into both butts so you save money and time. yes it might be done now after one month is ok

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Hi Mechelle40. Did you ever consider doing these at the same setting? The fat removed from the abdomen could have been broken down, liquefied and re injected for the Buttock Lift. I usually combine liposuction as well. Your wait period will depend on when your surgeon feels that you are ready for a second procedure. If you are very petite or do not have much fat in other areas than you may need to go the route of buttock implants. Make sure that your surgeon knows exactly how you would like your buttock to look at your end result. This will depend on how much fat he will need to liposuction and how many other areas you could steal fat from to accomodate.

Shelby Brantley, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

BBL after Tummy Tuck

I would wait at least 6 weeks and repeat the pre-operative bloodwork before a BBL. There is almost always residual fat in the abdominal skin and back even after tummy tuck.

Dr. Michael

BBL after TT

In my practice I do quite a few bbl. Ive done them several times on patients of mine who had previously had a tt. It depends on where you store your fat, but the biggest part of the bbl is the shaping we do with liposuction directly above the buttocks. This is also where most of the fat will come from for injections (love handles, back), you can also take fat from legs, arms, neck, etc. I would visit with a PS in your area to learn more about options for your invdividual case. The patient in this link had fat transferred only from her back and love handles as a reference. best of luck

Fat can be liposuctioned from the sides, back, thighs, arms, etc. to be transferred to the buttocks. I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA