1 month and 2 weeks after gynecomastia surgery. Swollen breasts and puffy nipples? (photo)

Hey! Greetings. i have been reading all the posts about the same topic that I come to ask. Most of the cases here mentioned, are from a couple of weeks or a month post gynecomastia surgery. My gynecomastia surgery was about 1 month and a half, but I scare when I realize that it'll be my final form eventually. It is normal? my swollen breast? my puffy nipple? when I took off my compresion shirt, I was happy, but not now. please help!!!!!!!

At 1 and a half months from surgery, it is really to early to asses the results of your surgery. If you are very concerned talk to your plastic surgeon but keep in mind that results may not be apparent for 6 months to a year after surgery.

Puffy niple six weeks after gynecomastia surgery

At six weeks it is too early to tell if your nipples will remain puffy. We judge the final result at 6-12 months and during that time there can be significant improvement. Let your surgeon know your concerns.

Swelling Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. But if this causes concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Puffy nipples after gynecomastia reduction

Your are only six weeks out from surgery so things will continue to improve.  I would not pass judgment on your result until you are about six months out from surgery. 

As far as your puffy nipples go........ your nipples are probably a little bit "lazy" from the surgery.  Often with breast procedures where the area around or under the nipple is manipulated, the nipples do not contract normally for a few months.  From your photos, it looks to me like this is the case with you.  They will likely wake up and contract normally and look okay.  If they don't and remain puffy, you may benefit from having a reduction of the areola which can often be done with an incision hidden at the base of the nipple.

Give this some time.  My guess is that you will look great in another few months and rocking a tan.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD