Can my crooked lips be fixed? I have been this way since birth. (Photos)

Lip Augmentation With Dermal Filler

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photo, you appear to be a good candidate for lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm to improve symmetry.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Asymmetry correction

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

You have minor asymmetries among your lips, however evaluation is difficult due to the position of the lips during the photo. experience injections should improve on the volume differences among the lips.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Can my crooked lips be fixed? I have been this way since birth.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your lips are quite thin.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented and made more symmetric using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Crooked lips

The lips can be augmented to add size and shape. It will help with symmetry but due to the structure of the lip it will always have abit of asymmetry. But it can be improved. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical Lip Solution with fillers (restylane, juvederm)

These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. The technique will be important here. In addition to fillers, using cannulas for the injections can help shape and contour the lip. Other options would be fat or implants. Lasers or surgery can sometimes help asymmetry.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. Though nothing replaces an in-person examination of your lip tissue quality, symmetry, and changes with animation, it appears that you may benefit from use of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler to add volume, improve definition and minimize the crooked appearance you see.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your treatment options.