I have a handheld ultrasound unit used with gel. Would this be OK to use to aid in healing of incision and/or scarring?

I just had Mohs surgery on bridge of nose. I have a handheld ultrasound unit used with gel. Would this be OK to use to aid in healing of incision and/or scarring?

Ultrasound for scar

No it would not aid healing of the scar. You can use it later, when the scar has healed fully, to soften the scar if need be, but unlikely you'll need it on facial scars from Mohs' or reconstructive surgery.Massaging scars will soften them, you can do this manually, using an Ultrasound machine is a bit of overkill, unless they are specifically troublesome and hypertrophied and even then , I would be seriously hesitant in using it on the face.Ultrasound acts as massaging, which is presumably why you have the machine in the first place, and the focus of massage is deeper than the skin, which is where you want the main action to be.I would wait 3 months to massage your scar, but I would tape it with steristrips / 3M plaster for that time (3-6 months) to help make the scar as thin as possible by taking the tension of the wound.Good luck.