Could I have rosacea?

Everynow and the through out the day ill suddenly get flare ups in my face where all of a sudden i develop red burning bumps all over m y cheeks and forehead and my skin becomes extremely flaky. It comes and goes through out the week. I cleanse with a mild cleaner once a day and moisturize twice a day with no help at all

Rosacea vs dermatitis, vs others- examination needed

Yes, you could. There are many types of rosacea, however you may also have other conditions including seb derm, eczema, contact or irritant dermatitis, psoriasis, etc...etc. See a dermatologist for an examination and advice. Video below shows the many faces of rosacea. Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Could you have rosacea?

Rosacea is a common, chronic, incurable, adult acne-like skin condition that is easily controllable and manageable.  Rosacea symptoms include redness of the face (easy facial blushing or flushing), and tiny red pimples and fine red lines (telengiectasias) on the facial skin. Rosacea can be mistaken for rosy cheeks, sunburn and quite often, acne.  Rosacea triggers include alcohol, spicy food, emotional stress and heat.  Unfortunately, untreated rosacea tends to worsen over time.  Treating the tiny blood vessels with IPL is an effective way to reduce and control the symptoms of rosacea.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Rosacea Solutions with No-Down Time Laser Treatments

Rosacea, is a common condition of redness, coarse skin texture and the  presence of telengiectasias ( tiny broken capillaries)  on the face. At times eruptions can resemble acne, become scaly or even oily.  These skin changes most often occur after the 30's and can be a result of sun-damage in certain  genetically pre-disposed skin types . Known triggers are spicy foods, alcohol, exercise, altitude and other extreme temperatures in the environment. 

The good news is that these signs and symptoms can be readily treated with a variety of lasers.   IPl lasers ( such as the LimeLight)  will reduce the overall redness and flushing and vascular lasers such as Cutera's Coolglide will more selectively treat the more vessels  and improve the skin texture.

Ronald Moser, MD
San Juan Capistrano Physician

Rosacea -- ProYellow Laser, Pulsed Dye/Vbeam, Excel V ; combine with clear + brilliant and microneedling

Rosacea can be treated with lasers, specifically vascular lasers.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.