I am interested in having a mini tummy tuck to address poor skin elasticity below the naval since pregnancy? (Photos)

I have gained some weight in the last year, noticeable in my pics, however the skin or muscles are not damaged above my bb. I have a scar on top of my naval from a bb ring, years ago, but honestly that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that no matter how much work I do, exercise or diet, the skin below my bb will sag when I lean over or sit. It's honestly bothered me so much that I've become dismayed at even attempting to be so fit, which I always have been, because nothing helps the loose skin.

Tummy Tuck options

From these pictures it seems like you may be able to get away with a mini tummy tuck/liposuction of the abdomen and waist. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. Vistnes Plastic Surgery San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #minitummytuck #liposuction

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

You might want to consider a full tummy tuck rather than a mini. This is because you appear to have loose skin above your belly button as well which would be tightened with a full tummy tuck. 

Tummy tuck/liposuction

A mini tummy tuck will not get rid off extra fat from upper abdomen,you can also add liposuction for that area,please consult with a board certified PS.  Best of luck!

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. it is important to know that with a mini Tummy Tuck you will not improve upper abdomen , if you are happy with that area already you can for sure decide a mini TT. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Know your tummy tuck options

in general a mini tummy tuck will not help the upper abdomen, but there are options such as umbilical float that might be worth considering. There are several variations to consider.

Richard Baxter, MD

The minituck will address the issues below the belly button, but not above the belly button. If you are satisfied with your upper abdomen as it is now, just consider the minituck. Liposuction could also be added to the upper abdomen to remove excess fat. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin around the belly button and below

Thanks for the question.  I have performed many mini tummy tucks for patients over the years, and must admit that lesser degrees of skin laxity and muscle weakness may exist for some patients and may suggest performing a mini tummy tuck.  I must say that not infrequently the patient may still have skin looseness and muscle weakness above the  belly button.  I am becoming a  Plastic Surgeon who  sees a greater degree of improvement for the patient when a full tummy tuck has been performed.  As you should know, however, the opinion of the patient  has to steer the discussion and the choice of an operation.  Always discuss this thoroughly with your Plastic Surgeon

Good luck to you.

Frank Tieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I am interested in having a mini tummy tuck

Please make sure that you have chosen the right operation (an operation that will achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with);  is not unusual for patients to undergo mini tummy tuck surgery only to be disappointed… Be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD