Would you recommend a full body Liposculpture with fat transfer to buttocks first then mommy makeover?

Should I get a full body lipo with transfer to buttocks first then 6 months to a year later get the full mommy makeover tummy tuck and breast augmentation? Worried I might be over doing it?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Full body Lipo & BBL

Great question, as it brings up several key points about safety.  You would definitely be over doing it if you did all of this at once.  There are definitely safety principles that you can follow and achieve all of your goals.  In general the medical literature is pointing toward certain principles in body contouring.  First, operations that take over 6 hour or so start to increase the risks of blood clots, infections, etc.  Second, the total amount of fat and/or the number of body areas upon which liposculpture is accomplished have been defined to some degree.  We won't take more than five liters of fat out in any one surgery (Sometimes, even less, with smaller patients) and won't sculpt more than five body areas at any one time (Sometimes even less depending on age of the patient).  In you case depending on the number of body areas that you are lipoosculpting, you could be looking at no less than three separate operations.  My suggestion is finding someone that follows some of the principles just mentioned.  Best of luck in your search!

What surgery

Without any photos and measurements, I cannot say what would be best.  However, I would suggest doing the body parts that bother you the most first. I recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Need photos

Without photographs is is nearly impossible to say what operations would be best to treat your problem areas.  

Hello lady, interesting question. Here my personal recommendation : In a first time Tummy Tuck and lipo of your back and sides, them 6 months lipo of those areas that need a retouch and breast augmentation. This is the way I do these procedures with excellent results. Good luck and am at your command.

Dr. Manuel Marte. 

Manuel Marte, MD

Mommy makeover and liposuction

Your plan for surgery is ideal if you have significant amount of soft tissue fat. If not, then contouring liposuction after a mommy makeover may work well.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Depends on what you need

It really depends on what you look like now and what you are trying to achieve.  

Some people are good candidates for full body liposuction and some are not.

Without pictures, it's not possible to properly answer your question.

I highly recommend you find a good plastic surgeon and stay with the same person for both sets of procedures if that's the way you're going to go.

If you're going to have liposuction prior to a tummy tuck, I recommend waiting a minimum of six months between the procedures. Proceeding sooner can seriously limit the potential for pulling the skin tight during the tummy tuck.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD