Breasts and hips? (Photo)

I'm almost 3 weeks post-op. The breast on the left looks lower, is that because my implant hasn't dropped as far as the one on the right? Will that even out once the implant drops? On my hips, on edge of the scar, there are pouches in my skin, is that normal swelling or is that going to become "dog ears" or some other permeant feature? Will that smooth out and look even to my shape? I've ask my Dr already, I just wanted to see what others opinions were about these two things as well!

Mommy Makeover - Post Op

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. You should expect to have swelling for several months following breast and tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen, flanks, and hips will dramatically improve. Also, it may take 3 - 6 months for the breast swelling to subside and the implants to settle. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breasts and Hips

Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion, your tummy tuck incision will heal well. You may need to have your breast addressed again. Even though your implant has not "dropped" there are differences in the mouth of show of the lower portion of your breast.  That may require revision.  I am of the opinion that the breast should look exactly the way you want at the end of the operation and not "settle" into the final result.

Mommy makeover healing

Thank you for the question and photo.  Since it is still early after your mommy makeover procedure, both the breasts and tummy tuck area can undergo quite a bit of changes as healing progresses.  I would continue to wait and follow your plastic surgeons recommendations until most of the healing has completed.  The "pouches" that you are referring to for the tummy tuck incision are likely "pleating" which are temporary.  The areola asymmetry in position may be causes or accentuated by implants that are asymmetric in terms of position and this can be temporary if one implant has relaxed down prior to the other.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post-Op Concerns

Healing after the operations will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred. No lifting or straining. At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.

If you are already having concerns about the results of your surgery, my best recommendation would be to see your surgeon in person to evaluate the results in person to ensure that everything is healing properly. Best of luck to you.

Mommy make-over - will areas of concern improve beyond 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• It sounds as though all your concerns are temporary and likely to resolve.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Early changes after MM aren't uncommon or permanent

Thanks for your pic & question.  Some differences and irregularities such as "dog ears" and ropey, pink scars are to be expected because your wound healing is very early.  Check with your PS but be assured that things should improve with time and your 3 week appearance is very encouraging.  Good luck.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Early changes

While there is some asymmetry of the implants, this may well improve with time. It is still VERY early. The small dog ears I suspect will flatten over time as they are small. Be patient.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

3 weeks postop

You are very early in your healing process so just give your body time to heal adequately. I advise my patients it can take 4-6 months to allow all the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. For the tummy tuck, swelling can take up to a year to fully resolve. The dog ears will get flatter as the swelling resolves. Good luck!!