Breast Implant and Tummy Tuck Revisions Needed? (photos)

I got a mommy makeover 7 months ago. My right breast implant never fully dropped. It's still soft and moveable though, when pushed down only half the implant will go down (on the side towards my armpit). My tummy tuck has had these love handles since the surgery. My surgeon keeps telling me they will go away and to wait a full year. Do you agree they will go away? What type of procedures/recovery time am I looking at to revise these issues? Are they easy to fix? Local or do I have to go back to the OR?

Mommy makeover

I'm sorry you are having trouble with your Mommy Makeover results.  The best way to address your concerns is by surgical revision to the tummy tuck scar and the pockets of the implants.  If you haven't noticed any changes to these areas for 6 weeks it is unlikely they will change much more.

Breast Implant and Tummy Tuck Revisions Needed?

All of these issues can be addressed.  Seek out a revision specialist.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after mommy makeover surgery. Given the time frame since your surgery and your ongoing concerns, it is very likely that additional surgery will be necessary to improve your outcome.  As you have mentioned, adjustment of the breast implant pockets along with revisionary tummy tuck surgery will be helpful. Extension of the abdominoplasty incision line towards the flank/back areas will be beneficial. Additional liposuction surgery may also be indicated.

In my practice, I would perform these procedures in the operating room under general anesthesia. I would expect recovery to be significantly less involved/painful compared to the initial procedures.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Mommy makeover revision

You will require revision of your breasts and tummy per your concerns; your breasts look asymmetric in size and shape and this should be corrected; your tummy incision is too high and creating shelfing and dog ears laterally;

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Healing time after a mommy makeover

It is so hard to tell from photos what is going on. However, you do seem to have some asymmetry in your breasts and swelling in the abdomen. It may be worth getting a second opinion now to set your mind at ease. 

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

When to Consider a Revision

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a #revision. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Breast implant and Abdominoplasty

Hi erinslens82,

I don't think your love handles will improve further. The good news is that they can be improved by removing more tissue on the sides, but this may have to be extended towards your back.

I am unable to give an educated assessment of your breast implants, but you may have a capsular contracture.

Please review all of this with your surgeon.

Best of luck

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Fix

Thank  you for the photos and based on the photos and short history, you would benefit from a revision with either liposuction with or without elision to the flank area and a pocket revision for the breast

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD