Would a Tummy tuck help me (diastisis recti but no extra skin)? (photos)

I have 4 kids, including twins that are now 3.5 yr old. I need to lose about ten lbs, but I think I will still have the rounded pregnant looking budge once I lose the weight. I am 4ft 10in and 128lbs for reference. Would a tummy tuck help me achieve a flat tummy? And would it cost more than usual if my separation is large? Thanks for your,time!

Rectus diastasis fix without surgery

I think you should take a few months to get in shape. Put a lot of focus on core strength and you can try the Tupler technique. I've had a lot of patients improve so that they avoided surgery. You can get a diastasis repair through  a Csection like scar if you can't get it together, but I think you have the potential to fix most (or all!) of this on your own.

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Tummy tuck

It looks like you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction for a flatter abdomen and nice result,please consult a board certified PS. Good luck!

Tummy tuck candidate

You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck which would include muscle repair to address your weakened abdominal wall. The flat abdomen is possible mainly through the correction of the rectus diastasis (muscle separation). Consult with a plastic surgeon in person for a detailed exam.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Rectus Diastasis

With four children your rectus muscles will need repair. Once this is done, your rounded stomach will flatten and you will be left with redundant skin. Therefore, a full tummy tuck would be done in combination with the muscle repair. Seek the opinion of a local qualified Plastic Surgeon and good luck !

Arko Demianczuk, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Would a Tummy tuck help me (diastisis recti but no extra skin)?

From your history of having four pregnancies and your photographs I find you to be a good candidate to consider a full abdominoplasty.  A routine part of this procedure is tightening the muscle fascia to repair the rectus tie stasis and removing a wide ellipse of skin between your belly button pubic area.  Most probably you have the excess skin especially after pregnancies and would benefit from the full procedure.  Get down to a maintainable healthy weight before undergoing the procedure make sure that you are not smoking that you are in good physical condition.  I think you can expect a significant improvement and hopefully will be very happy with the results.  Be certain to consult with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Abdominoplasty +/- Lipo

Hi and thank you for your question!  Although a thorough, in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always required, I think that you would be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) with a small amount of liposuction.  If you are going to loose weight, I would highly recommend that you do so before your surgery.  Loosing weight afterward will lead to more sagging skin that you won't like.  A diastasis rectus repair is almost always performed during my abdominoplasties, with no change in cost depending on the size.  I hope that helps and good luck!

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Would a Tummy tuck help me (diastisis recti but no extra skin)

I think a tummy tuck will likely be able to flatten your abdomen quite a bit of the muscle repair is done. Once that past is finished, any extra skin can be removed

Julio Garcia, MD

Tummy Tuck

I think you would be very pleased with the rsults achieved from a TT with muscle tightening. From the photos I would bet there is more loose skin than you think and once the muscles are tightened, as another consultant said, I think all the skin from pubis to bellybutton will be removed leaving you with the youthful abdomen you want. Just make sure you see an experienced surgeon who can show you photos of results with very low scars. The cost should not vary based on degree of separation. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your question and photos. You would have an excellent result with a full tummy tuck. This includes repair of the muscle separation and removing loose lower abdominal skin. You do have excess skin, which is not evident now due to the "pregnant" look. You would also benefit from liposuction of your back, bra rolls, waist and hips for the best results. There's no extra charge based on the width of the diastasis. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.