How bad is swelling from Hyaluronidase?

I have heard that getting hyaluronidase to dissolve juvederm in your lips will make you swell even more than the Juvederm procedure itself. What is your experience with the amount of swelling you have seen when hyaluronidase is injected in lips?

Swelling from Hyaluronidase

Thank you so much for your question.  In my experience, hyaluronidase causes minimal swelling after injection.  Immediately, you can feel the filler begin to soften and smooth and become more moldable.  If your injector uses just a tiny amount of hyaluronidase, the filler won't completely dissolve and will slowly begin to look more pleasing.  Effects can be seen right away with hyaluronidase and the enzyme will continue to work over the next 24 hours or so.  Contact your favorite plastic surgeon's office and tell your injector your concerns.  I truly have never seen much swelling with hyaluronidase, and I think you will be happy as your injector tweaks your filler.  Wishing you so much bliss you your journey!

Hyaluronidase for juvederm removal

In my experience, hyaluronidase causes minimal swelling and discomfort when injected. Make sure to seek a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase Facts after Juvederm

Yes, it's possible to have some swelling with hyaluronidase which can last 1-2 weeks. It can take a series of treatments to reverse and a different technique can be used next time. See an expert for best outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer