I am having liposuction, back, flanks, bra line. It will take 4 hours under general anesthesia. Return to work in 6 days?

I am 57 and in good health. I work out 6 days a week. Menopause messed up my middle. I work as a nurse in a doctors office. I am on my feet for part of the day and part of the day I sit. I am hoping to go back to work in 6 days. My PS wants me to take 2 weeks. I have a high tolerance for pain. Is 6 days long enough?

Follow your plastic surgeon’s recommendations.

The truth is that everyone recovers from liposuction at a different rate. The fact that you’re healthy and physically fit will certainly help with your healing process. However, your plastic surgeon understands your situation better than any of us here on RealSelf, as they have examined you firsthand and are familiar with your overall health and medical history. I would follow their recommendations for taking two weeks off from work, as nursing can be a physically demanding job. Giving your body the time it needs to heal at the outset can help you experience optimal results from your liposuction.

Liposuction

Most of my patients can go back to light duty within a couple of days after liposuction.  This is different than my other more involved surgical procedures.

Life after Liposuction: Recovery and after care

Hi definition shaping has 7-14 days downtime in my practice.  Most of my patients can return to work after 3-5 days, but you will have a healing protocol that takes 7-10 days and most patients like to be resting during that time.  Afterwards, you must wear a double compression for 2-4 weeks. so you will be at work, or out with large compression for a month. Best, Dr. Emer.

Greetings

Thank you for your question. The best is to listen to your surgeon as he knows best after hıs evaluating your case. 2 week should be more comfortable for healing 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I will recommend you to return to work in two weeks so you can let your body heal from the pain and massages. It will be better for you.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD