I am getting Lipo to flanks, back and bra line in January. Can I use spanks firm control after the first week?

Compression garments.

Like many of the surgeons on the forum, I believe compression garments are superior to Spanks. Most surgeons have picked out the compression garments they feel work the best for the liposuction techniques they most commonly employ in their practice. Best, Dr. ALDO

Garments after liposuction

I prefer patients to wear a compression garment for 3-6 weeks after lipo but there are some surgeons who do not recommend a garment at all. Best to ask you surgeon.

Garment after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You should ask your own surgeon. If the Spanx garment gives firm comfortable compression to all the treated areas, the answer is likely to be 'yes.'

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Spanks for the question :)

This is a very common and very important question. Appropriately fitting compression garments (like spanks) are critical for a good outcome following liposuction. There are many companies that sell compression garments and spanks can work well for people as long as they cover the appropriate areas and fit snugly (but NEVER too tightly). The right fit is important to prevent complications like blood clots and compromised circulation or respiration.

The best thing to do is to talk with your plastic surgeon about what exactly you are having done and have the garments that you want to wear approved by him or her well before your surgery date so there are no surprises for you or your surgeon postoperatively.

Good luck and good health!

Amir Nasir, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment

Thanks for your question. It is best to ask your surgeon as every surgeon has their preference about surgical after care. I personally prefer my patients to wear the compression garment to ensure best results with swelling and compression for 6-8 weeks.

Kamran Azad, MD
Pasadena Physician

Spanks or Compression Garment

Thank you for your inquiry. You can wear spanks but you need to show them to your plastic surgeon for approval as they cannot be too tight. A medical compression garment is always the best option. Regards,

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Every surgeon is different in how they approach post-operative care. Some would prefer a binder and others would allow for alternative garments. I would discuss this with your surgeon. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician