Can monsplasty and pelvic prolapse repair (cystocele, rectocle and hysterectomy) surgeries be combined?

I am 47 years and 4 years post circumferential belt lipectomy with no other health problems. The large and sagging mons pubis negatively affects urination, hygiene, sexual function, and comfort in clothes.

Doctor Answers 5

Monsplasty procedure combined

These procedures can definitely be combined. A monsplasty is a common procedure to request after a significant weight loss. best of luck.

Monsplasty and pelvic prolapse repaire

It is possible to do both at the same time. Unfortunately, most surgeons are not skilled in monsplasty. You will need a urogynecologist for the vaginal surgery and a plastic surgeon for the monsplasty. I have published on monsplasty in the plastic surgical literature.

Gary J. Alter, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 21 reviews

Combined Monsplasty and Pelvic Prolapse Surgery

Monsplasty can certainly be combined with pelvic prolapse surgery. However, if the pelvic prolapse surgery is anticipated to be extensive and lengthy, it is usually safer to do these procedures in separate sessions.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Combining hysterectomy, cystocoele, and rectocoele with monsplasty is an excellent choice

Performing a monsplaty will actually tend to augment the functional result of your cystocoele and rectocoele. I believe it should be an integral part of the pre-op analysis of all such procedures, and should be done whenever indicated.

John Cassel, MD (in memoriam)
Miami Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Monsplasty and Pelvic Prolapse repair combination

Indeed these two operations can be performed at the same time provided the patient is otherwise healthy for surgery. I commonly team up with a gynecologist colleague for this combination of surgeries when presented to my office a half a dozen times or so per year. Glad to help...

Ryan Stanton, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 117 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.