Should I do the light laser peel?

I have fair skin with freckles. I've been getting the non ablative laser for a few years now. I have fine lines developing around the "marionette area" at my chin. They are currently very fine and can only be seen in certain light and up close. My question is my doctor suggested getting a light laser peel. I've read many reviews and it concerns me because I have heard of fat loss related to this. I currently also get fillers under my eyes and around my mouth. Is this a treatment I should consider?

Should I do the light laser peel?

Thanks for your query. Yes, you can undergo this treatment as it doesn’t produce that much heat to melt the fat. This will do a resurfacing giving you a glowing skin. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

What is a light laser peel? Depends on who you ask.

The term "laser peel" is a bit confusing.  A "peel" generally refers to the significant peeling that happens when certain chemicals are applied to the skin. The very top layer of the skin separates and is shed in a few days revealing brighter more even colored skin and stimulating new collagen which improves fine lines and texture.
When lasers came on the scene in the mid 90's they offered a more precise way to refresh the skin although the first lasers were very potent and caused much downtime.
In recent years lasers like the Clear and Brilliant have allowed us to deliver light treatments with little or no down time more precisely and predictably than chemical peels. Results are as good if not better. However there is really no peeling like the chemical treatments.
"Light laser peel" generally refers to these lower energy laser treatments.  The specific laser used is important but not more important than the experience, knowledge and skill of the person performing the treatments.
Patients with fair skin and freckles do beautifully with these lighter treatments.  Fat or filler is deeper than light lasers reach so should not be an issue with these type of procedures. 

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

A light laser peel would be fine for your skin type.

A light laser peel would be fine for your skin type. There is no risk of fat loss associated with this. You will be pink after and should hydrate well. I recommend Iridesse Night nutrient for my patients post laser. It is wonderfully absorbed into the dermis and promotes collagen production while minimizing the post laser sand paper feel to your skin. Maximize your time post laser, light peel or nonablative, to absorb the best products into your skin.

Peels Versus Lasers -- Try Venus Viva, Microneeding, PRP

Viva is great for fine lines and pigmentation especially if you have been doing other lasers .  adding microneedling and prp helps a lot as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

TREATMENT FOR FINE LINES AND WRINKLES

Thank you for sharing your question. The most practical method for the removal of lines and wrinkles that you are beginning to notice on your face is through Erbium Laser skin resurfacing and/or Microneedling with PRP. Your skin will become softer, more evenly pigmented, tighter and have diminished lines. Most patients see excellent results with only one treatment. Make an appointment for in office consultation with an oculofacial surgeon experienced in various treatment modalities in order to receive the best solution for your specific needs. Good luck.