Thigh lift Oct 19, second surgery Nov. 9 to get rid of skin necrosis on both of my inner thighs. (photos)

4 days post op having the second surgery to get rid of the dead skin. How do I keep my skin alive? I now have redness and swelling above the sites. I'm on an antibiotic. I am dehydrated and left the hospital that way. Mupirocin ointment to the area once daily what do I need to do?

Skin necrosis

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems after your original surgery.  The inner thigh is prone to having issues with healing due to the tension and relatively poor blood supply of the area.  If your surgeon decided that you needed to have dead skin removed surgically, one month post op, then you have already done what was necessary. Additional treatments will not prevent further skin necrosis.  This is one of those times that you will need to trust your surgeon, who is an expert in this kind of thing, to do the right thing.  Timing of skin debridement and secondary closure is a very difficult thing to assess clinically and impossible to say without multiple personal examinations.  Best of luck.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon