I broke my nose 3 weeks ago now I have 2 bumps on the same side of my nose no more swelling what should I do?

Nasal fracture

The two bumps may represent the fracture issue.  You need to allow it to heal. If the nose is still crooked or the bumps have not gone away, a rhinoplasty may be necessary.

Nasal fracture and bump

Thanks for your question. After suffering a nose fracture the displaced bones may be visible and could appear like a bump. In the early period, this can be treated with 'closed reduction'. After a ~2-3 weeks the bones start to heal and closed reduction cannot be done; you would have to wait 3-6 months for the bones to fully heal. A rhinoplasty is then done to rebreak them and realign them. See a facial plastic surgeon for an assessment. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airwa

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.

In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Treatment of Nasal Bone Fractures

Nasal bone fractures should be treated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Within a few weeks following the injury, nasal bones that have been displaced due to the trauma can be put back into the correct position by what is called a "closed reduction." This is a minor procedure where instruments are used to reposition the bones without performing a true rhinoplasty. The bones are then held in the proper position with splints. If this is not performed, or if it is not completely successful, a definitive rhinoplasty can be performed in order to correct the shape of the nose, once the nose has completely healed. Again, treatment starts with a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert Morin, MD, FACS