Are There Surgeons Who Do Mommy Makeover That Are Done Pro-Bono?

Are there any doctors out there that do "Mommy Makeovers" for Pro-bono, or just the practice? I do not have the credit or any family left that could help me with the credit needed to have this done. I am married with two kids and just want to look good again. There has to be a doctor out there that does this?

Pro bono cosmetic surgery

Hi there-

You are not going to find anyone who would do cosmetic surgery on you for free. This is one of those, "Wouldn't it be great if I could have... for free?" questions... like:

Wouldn't it be great if I could have a Mercedes for free?

Wouldn't it be great if I could travel the world for free?

Your best bet is to visit the closest medical school plastic surgery training program- these training programs will often offer cosmetic surgery at reduced fees (but still not free) as long as you don't mind that the surgeon performing your procedure is in his or her training.

There are

If you look around online you might find a surgeon in your region that does this. Several surgeons perform gratis cases on select  candidates.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Pro-Bono?

Thank you for the question. What patients may not realize is how much “overhead” is associated with performing good quality and safe elective plastic surgery. In other words, there are significant expenses, outside of surgeons fees, associated with these types of operations. Therefore, it will be unlikely that “pro bono” elective plastic surgery will be available to you.

Plastic surgeons offices can point you in the right correction when it comes to “credit” companies that work with patients seeking surgery.Although I understand your desire to have the procedure performed  soon, it is always in patients' best interest to achieve a certain degree of financial stability prior to undergoing elective surgery of any type. Patients should also keep in mind that additional surgery may be necessary in the short or long term, following the primary procedure that is being performed; this additional surgery may be associated out-of-pocket expenses. Again, best to achieve a physical, emotional and financial “stable state” prior to considering elective plastic surgery. 

You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Cosmetic Surgery Pro-Bono

You might check with Plastic Surgery Programs in teaching hospitals.  I am not aware of any other options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD