I need a mommy makeover, looking for a doctor In Arizona? (photo)

currently overweight and I'm in the process of losing weight I don't believe I need a breast lift but would like the augmentation in a tummy tuck only have about 7,000 to spend and would like to know if this is even realistic

It is Best to Work with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery such as those involving #multiple procedures and those included with a Mommy Makeover.. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Finding the right plastic surgeon for you

To find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website. There, you can find someone near you and look at his/hers website to see if it’s someone you might consider for your surgery. Financing and price can also be discussed with the plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Have your personal physician make a referral to a board-certified plastic surgeon.

First of all selective board certified plastic surgeon. If you have a personal physician they can vet the reputation of plastic surgeons in your area.

Tummy Tuck Costs

Hello. The costs for Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty will vary depending on what region of the US you live in and the physician doing the surgery. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from under 10K to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Hope this answers your question. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I need a mommy makeover, looking for a doctor In Arizona?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far. You should be proud of this accomplishment. You are wise in achieving a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with the planned procedures. Doing so will improve the safety of the operations and minimize chances that additional surgery will be necessary subsequently. 

Costs of surgery will vary from one practice to another and from one geographic area to another. You will find the information listed on this site helpful in this regard and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to come out the planned procedures, more important than costs of the procedures will be  careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Consider the tummy tuck portion alone

Dear sara,

From your photo it appears that you could benefit from an extended tummy tuck.  An extended tummy tuck will cost about 10K in the Phoenix area depending on the surgeon.  An extended tummy tuck is essentially a full tummy tuck that goes as far back on the sides as the surgeon can and the patients needs.  It can provide powerful body contouring results.  The before and after photo link below shows an extended tummy tuck from one of my patients.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck and limited budget

• Go to the website of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons to find 3 plastic surgeons near you,
  • If they have mini-courtesy consults, go in for a face-to-face opinion.
  • You will definitely need a panniculectomy after weight loss, possibly a tummy tuck.
  • This should be close to your budget.
  • Your budget is unlikely to allow for breast surgery as well. Best wishes.

I think that you will need at least an extended tummy tuck to be happy as the skin laxity extends to the sides and toward the back.  A breast augmentation may be reasonable as well, but pictures would help.  Financing is often available to allow patients to get surgery.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and breast augmentations each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.