I am very active in sports but this flap and sagging boobs make it hard to do anything. What needs to be done? (photos)

I am 30 years old 5 foot 6 159lbs. I have 2 kids a 3 year old and 10 month old I got up to 222lbs with my first. I am very active in sports but this flap and sagging boobs make it hard to do anything. I just cant loose the tummy and well after breastfeeding my breasts look horrible let alone the pain they cause on my neck and back. Do I need a Full TT and can I get Full looking breasts with just a lift? Could I do a reduction lift and have something put in to help fullness on the top?

I am very active in sports but this flap and sagging boobs make it hard to do anything. What needs to be done?

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a "Mommy Makeover".

The term “ Mommy Makeover” has many different definitions depending on the surgeon and entailing different combinations of procedures. A tummy tuck, liposuction, breast augmentation with or without a lift is a frequently performed combination. In a patient with sagging breasts, with the nipple and areola below the breast fold, a lift will improve the cosmetic appearance of the breasts.

You need to see a plastic surgeon who is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The surgeon should discuss your desires, examine you, and then discuss the pros and cons of the various options. Whether you are a candidate, depends on your medical history, stability of your weight, anatomical findings, physical exam as well as the desired outcome. You need to be realistic about your desired outcome. Whether you would benefit from an implant and the type of implant shape and size should be discussed with the plastic surgeon and it depends on your desired size, the width of your chest and your breast dimensions.
Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover would really help you tummy and your breasts.   A brest lift, also called mastopexy should be done.   Depending on how big you want to be, you can decide to have an augmentation or no augmentation.  Discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon

Mommy Makeover Options

Excellent photos.  A mommy makeover is a procedure that usually entails a tummy tuck and some form of breast rejuvenation surgery such as a breast augmentation/breast lift/or combination of implant and lift.  A full tummy tuck and liposuction of the sides and abdomen will definitely be needed to improve the shape and appearance of the abdomen and waist.  In terms of your breast rejuvenation options, you will have to decide how important the upper pole fullness is to your overall goal.  A breast lift alone will reshape your breasts but will not provide long term upper pole fullness.  If you are unsure, there is no harm in getting the breast lift first and then reassessing the need for an implant later on.  Seek several consultations with plastic surgeons that can show you ample examples of their work that matched up with your expectations.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy Makeover

From these photos you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think you may be an excellent candidate for “mommy makeover” surgery. In your case, this may mean breast lifting ( plus/minus breast augmentation) and full tummy tuck surgery. The most important decision you make will be selection of your plastic surgeon; ask to see lots of examples of his/her work, hopefully achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then, after careful selection of your plastic surgeon, equally careful communication of your goals will be one of the keys to success.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for mommy makeover surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.

Mammy Makover candidate?

Thank you for your photos.  From the photos, and the other elements you describe, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a "Mommy Makeover."  This can include; breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction etc.  The procedure is usually well tolerated and the post operative pain control is good. Our current protocol includes a pain pump, (with numbing medicine), that will instill the numbing medicine in the area for the first three days after abdominoplasty.  Patients typically move off the pain medicine to Tylenol after a few days.  We try to avoid ibuprofen and aspirin products for a couple weeks post op.  Each patient has their own pain tolerance.  Best to talk to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as each surgeon.  Together you will make a plan to achieve your goals.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Problems with breasts and tummy get in the way of sports

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

Your photo suggests you have had several children with effects on your tummy and breasts.
You need a tummy tuck for sure.
Your neck pain suggests you may need a breast reduction - but a detailed exam and discussion is needed as to whether a reduction, a lift or a lift with implants is best for you.

Your surgery will help you dramatically - enjoy the result.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope this information is helpful. Best wishes.

In need of mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and photo.  Congratulations on the birth of your children and getting down to a good weight for your height.  It is very helpful to have an exercise regimen and diet program, but no amount of exercise will get rid of that extra skin.  From what I can see on your photos, you would do very well with a mommy makeover procedure.  An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) will remove the flap of sagging skin and tighten/flatten the abdomen and narrow the waist.  With regard to your breasts, a breast lift is an option, however, this procedure falls short in providing fullness in the upper breast.  The lift will improve the breast shape and nipple positiion, but you will likely need an implant if upper pole fullness is your goal.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon for your consultation and share your concerns.  Good luck.  

Excellent candidate for a mommy makeover.

From the photographs it looks as though you'd be an excellent candidate for and abdominoplasty and mastopexy. Vigorous activity will need to be suspended for a few weeks but in the end I think you'll get an excellent result.

Mommy makeover?

Good question and a common problem. I recommend a consultation with a board certified Plastic surgeon for an exam. From the photos you look like a tummy tuck, liposuction of the flank areas, and a mastopexy augmentation would be great for you. Choosing to have an implant will help fill out the upper breast and look at the options of profiles of the implants to control the volume of the breasts. Good luck.