I Am 5'2 167 Pounds Right Now and Was Wondering What Would Be the Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover? (photo)

I have already lost 30 pounds and plan to lose more. I have started considering a mommy makeover after my weight loss. Breast lift w/ Aug, Tummy Tuck, Maybe an Arm Lift and Lipo. What would my goal weight need to be?

Mommy Makeover at 5'2" 167 lbs

Mommy makeover may give the best results if you are closer to your goal weight.  If you lost an additional 30 lbs, you would probably be close.  It is sometimes not practical to lose to goal weight, but a healthy stable weight is always good.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Within 10% of ideal weight....

There’s no question that being close to your ideal body weight improves the results from mommy makeover surgery.  It also decreases the potential for complications with this type of surgical procedure.  For these reasons we prefer that patients be within 10 % of their ideal body weight at the time of surgery.

Unfortunately, reaching an ideal weight is easier said than done.  The vast majority of patients are unsuccessful at losing this additional weight.  It’s also important to realize that even when patients are overweight, they can potentially benefit from mommy makeover surgery. We therefore evaluate every patient on an individual basis. 

We encourage patients to lose weight before surgery and prefer that their weight be stable for at least three months.  We realize that some patients will have difficulty losing weight.  We therefore encourage patients to be in a supervised weight loss program.  Even with that help, some patients will be unsuccessful in their efforts to lose weight.  Even without weight loss, many of these patients will still potentially benefit from mommy makeover surgery. 

Its important to realize that weight loss following mommy makeover surgery can affect the final result.  This could even result in the need for revisional surgery. For these reasons, it’s important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon.

Ideal weight

In my past, I have used the body mass index to help determine this. Everyone has a unique body frame and you have to be confortable with your weight.Keep in mind, it may be easier for you to loose weight after a mother makeover. All the best

Ideal Weight for Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on your success!  We can throw all kinds of fancy numbers and equations at you,  but the two real issues here are (1) can the surgery be performed safely and ( 2) will you be happy with the results?.  Your BMI is not particularly excessive, so surgery should be reasonably safe with appropriate medical clearance.
The question of your happiness post-operatively is more dependent on how you want to look. If you think a goal weight of 130lb is attainable and more importantly sustainable, then yes, go for it.  But if that goal is not likely to be achieved, then understand that compromises can be considered. 
The key is to know yourself, know your goals, and convey that info to your plastic surgeon.  Unfortunately there is not a single formula applicable to every patient or every situation.  Best of luck and once again  congratulations, keep up the good work !  

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I Am 5'2 167 Pounds Right Now and Was Wondering What Would Be the Ideal Weight for a Mommy Makeover?

Measurements and numbers as BMI, fat content%s are very scientific, but an easy method is just taking your height and determining a good weight for your height. Thus at 5"2' are you best to be at 130 pounds? YES! So lose 37 pounds. Doing these math equations are great but better to diet and exercise. 

Body Mass Index for best weight to have mommy makeover

It is well documented that patients with a Body Mass Index of more than 30 have a higher incidence of complications from mommy makeover surgery and similar procedures. BMI is a way of relating weight to height (see the link below.) Yours is a little more than 30 right now, but I think ideally you should be closer to 25.

Richard Baxter, MD