What method of mole removal would you use on the protruding mole near my nose? (Photo)

I have a biggish mole near the left side of my nose, it is protruding and is getting bigger with age. It started out very tiny and almost flat but in 10 years or so has doubled in size which is why I want to get it removed. I want to know the best method I should use to remove this mole and I don't want any scarring! I also would like to know how long a surgically removed mole takes to heal. Thank you!

Best method to remove a mole near the nose

A shave excision is typically the easiest, most cost effective, and least likely to scar method of removal for your mole. With this method the mole is actually "shaved off" at a level just below the surface of the skin. Judging from the appearance your mole in the photograph it appears that a shave removal would be the best way to go. Dermatologic surgeons typically do this procedure expertly.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole Removal by Nose

Mole removals are the domain of the dermatologist.  It appears from your photo that your mole can be removed completely with a shave removal and analyzed by the pathologist.  I recommend you find a board certified dermatologist with experience in cosmetic removals for the rest results.