A Mole Growing on my Skin? (photo)

Hi, I have what looks like a large mole growing on my skin in two areas. One is on my back, and the other, smaller one is a little to the left of my stomach. I'm attaching a picture of the one on my back. Would love to know what it is and if there's some simple way to treat it. The one on my stomach, I kind of gently scrape it from time to time which is why I think it has stayed small. But the one on my back, I can't reach, so it has grown as it wills. Thank you for any help you can give!

Doctor Answers 3

Mole removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend that you see your dermatologist for an evaluation and possible biopsy of the lesion. 

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 231 reviews

Mole removal on the back and chest

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Self-diagnosis and treatment is usually not recommended when it comes to moles. I would defer to the expertise of a specialist in mole removal for a diagnosis and possible tissue examination.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Moles that are changing need to be seen in person

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Use the ABCDEs for moles. Any moles or spots you have that are changing need to be examined in person by a dermatologist or dermatologic surgeon and evaluated. None of us can give you a diagnosis from a photo, but we will all tell you that anything that changes needs to be seen quickly.

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.