Is it okay to do both a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time?

If you have to lay on your back with Timmy tuck and on your stomach with BBL, how does that work getting both done?

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift Combination

Thank you for your question about Tummy Tuck.

Yes, it is perfectly okay to have a tummy tuck and a Brazilian butt lift (BBL) at the same time

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

Although, it is possible to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time, the recovery can be more difficult due to the fact that it is a larger procedure and there are decreased positions in which one can lay.  I have performed the procedures, in combination, in certain patients who were in good health.  Once your surgeon has examined you, they will be able to tell you if combining the procedures might be an option in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I think that you are going to receive several different answers to this question because I do not think there is an accepted standard out there. I think that while some people would be willing to perform these procedures together, I would not advise it.

After a BBL, the focus is to stay off of the transplanted fat to improve the survival and this usually requires being on your stomach or another position to offload that pressure. With a tummy tuck, you are usually bent at the waist because the skin is tight and some patients are not able to stand up straight for several weeks. This usually would mean that you would be on your back during recovery. To me, these two post-op recovery strategies contradict one another and so I would not put them together.

Be sure you have an in depth consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area before proceeding with surgery.

Tummy Tuck - BBL and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.