I'm a non smoker. I'm 54, 5'2 and a 42DD, I have COPD. If I would have breast reduction if that would help some of my breathing?

Breast Reduction

Thank you for your question. Breast reduction surgery will often improve upper back, neck and shoulder pain. It is difficult to say whether it will improve your breathing from your current COPD. Depending on the severity of your COPD it may not be advised for you to undergo a general anesthetic for surgery. I would check with your primary doctor or pulmonologist prior to considering surgery. Best, Dr. Kludt

Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Scarless. Breast reduction

It's possible but no one can say for sure. Given the extra risk factor you might consider looking into the liposuction only  variation of the operation. It's local anesthesia with sedation quick simple minimal recuperation less expensive and might be just the right thing for you. Make sure you find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in this type of procedure. Good luck .

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon