Can my smile be fixed using veneers? (Photo)

Half of my smile is straight while the other half is completely crooked and off balance. It's a large complex in my life and i've looked into getting braces before, but I just don't feel like it may be the best decision for me. I've looked quite a bit into veneers and I really like them, however i'm not sure if my teeth can be fixed with them. I'm only looking into fixing my top 6 visible teeth.

#Veneers to fix crooked smile #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
If you are the type of person that wants instant results and are willing to compromise tooth structure, then veneers would be a great option for you.  Based on your photos, significant improvements can be made to your smile by veneering 6 teeth. The best thing to do is to get a veneer consult at an excellent cosmetic dental office. Be sure to review the before and after photos of your potential dentist before choosing him or her. Good luck and I hope this info helps you. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO Area (O'Fallon, IL)
RealSelf100

Veneers

Since you look very young, you should consider orthodontic treatment since your own teeth will outlast any veneers with proper maintenance.  These days, you have options of tooth-colored braces (brackets and wires), or Invisalign.  With modern material and technique, orthodontic treatment can take a very short time.  Another visible issue you have is the "gummy" look on one side.  Veneers without a "gum lift" procedure will not correct this.  At the conclusion of your orthodontic treatment, you can opt for teeth whitening with "Zoom" or "GLO".  If you are still not happy with the color of your teeth, you may then carefully consider minimally-prep veneers.  Please get a proper consult with a dentist with proper training and experience in cosmetic, gum surgery and orthodontics.  Be sure to ask him/her to show you photos of similar cases they have actually performed.  Be careful of generic photos, not real ones done by the doctor!  Hope this helps.

Tri M Le, DDS

Straight smile, complete makeover

there are several things to consider here, your gummy smile, the size of the teeth,shape, and color. if you really want to make a change, its not only 6 , that cosmetically is an error, at least 8 or 10, with gum contouring, if you really want a big change, your buccal corridor is long, and you want a great layout , 
veneers can be your solution, but needs to be done good smile analysis first.

Instant orthodonics with porcelain veneers?

My recommendation, is to have invisalign, or orthodontics, under supervision of an expert cosmetic dentist to align your teeth first, or at least get them to a more favorable alignment, and then if you want veneers to change the color or improve the shape of your teeth, then a decision can be done!
It can be possible that you do not do the full course of orthodontics, this way less precious tooth structure will be removed to give you dramatic results, your gums and your bite (occlusion) must be evaluated first, prior to veneering your teeth for the least invasive procedure. 
After a little more alignment who knows, you might want to simply not do veneers, and do the least invasive procedure, such as dental bonding in combination with bleaching your teeth.

Best of luck to you.

Veneers for crooked teeth.

It might be possible to make your teeth look straight with veneers. It's called instant orthodontics. However it would require a very experience cosmetic dentist and some aggressive tooth preparation. In your case, braces might be preferable. 

Sue Wendling, DMD
Portland Dentist