Rhinoplasty procedure recommendations? I want a more feminine looking nose. (photos)

What would you recommend be done to my nose to give a more feminine looking nose? The bump on my nose really bothers me as I feel it gives the look that my nose is broken. I did use to do krav maga & martial arts so I could have possibly damaged my nose but I don't remember. Can the tip of my nose also be adjusted? Meaning can it get more shape and not look so bubbly? Any suggestions and recommendations are welcomed. I have never gotten rhinoplasty previously. Thank you for your time!

Female rhinoplasty

Based on your facial analysis and nasal profile, you have slight dorsal hump and bulbous tip with poorly defined supratip.I would recommend an open rhinoplasty to achieve an excellent aesthetic results for your nose. The end result would be a smaller and harmonious and feminine nasal features. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose. Your hump can be removed and the tip refined with narrowing of your nasal bones. Cartilage from your septum can fill the dents in your mid nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. 

Rhinoplasty questions

Hello Brittany,
Thank you for your questions and pictures regarding your nose.  After reviewing your pictures and questions, I think you have a good base and foundation of your nose from which to refine and improve.  I see the bony/cartilaginous hump you have and the bulbous tip.  I would recommend adding a small cartilaginous graft to the radix region (where your nose and eyes meet), shaving down your bump, and refining your cartilaginous tip.  You may need spread grafts, but would need to examine you more carefully.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine nose.

When a patient asks to make their nose more feminine it's usually to reduce a bump on the bridge, to address roundness of the tip, or to make it smaller.

The challenge is that every nose is different and each person's goal is different. That's why I value 3D simulation. It's not a guarantee of outcome, but it does get the surgeon and the patient on the same page to create a goal that is appropriate for your face.

I recommend a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist. Photos will be taken along with a critical examination of the nose both inside and out. The surgeon can discuss what is safely possible with your nose.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for broken nose and dorsal hump

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish  shaving down the dorsal hump which is composed of  both bone and cartilage. The dorsal hump tends to get enlarged when there is repetitive nasal trauma. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones will be required after the  hump removal which will also straighten the bridge line. The nasal tip cartilages can be adjusted as well to balance with the new profile.  For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below

A more feminine looking nose.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon