Posterior repair/ perineal / vaginoplasty August 30th. What is this semi hole? (Photo)

WHAT IS THIS HOLE, with the layer of skin over it, or maybe a indent? Showed up after posterior repair/ vagioplasty, which I had on August 30th of this year. I had the surgery, to tighter my vagina, after many vaginal births. At 6 weeks, intercourse went well, I'm tight!!! Except, that in this area... I feel , like it will tear, and I get very worried, so for now I'm taking it easy; no sex. I want answers first.

What is this semi-hole on my perineum after posterior repair?

Dear VVMarievv88,

Thank you for writing in with your question and sharing your photos.  Unfortunately, it is hard to see the area well from your photos.  I suggest you visit your surgeon and have him/her examine the area to determine if it is superficial and will heal on its own or may need a small revision of the perineum.  Then you can resume sexual activity without being so concerned.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Troy R. Hailparn, MD, FACOG

Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

San Antonio OB/GYN

Hole in perineum

I agree with Dr Goodman and Dr Pelosi that you need better pictures.  Usually a small hole left over will heal over 8-12 weeks if it does not than consider going back to your surgeon for a revision if the area bothers you.

John R Miklos MD

Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Am I healing well after surgery?

Its hard to tell what you are referring to based upon your photos.  But the good news is that you had improvement after your surgery.  Everyone's body heals differently.  I think you are wise to wait until you are comfortable.  The key to good recovery is listening to your body.  It can take several months for your body to completely heal.  Visit your doctor to find out the specific answer to your question. 

How to take clear pics of your vulva & vagina

Unfortunately, your photos are not clear enough for me to advise you. See your surgeon with your question. PHOTO ADVICE: hold your camera or smartphone at arms length (3 feet away from your vagina), then hit the close-up dial to get it close & make sure the focus box comes on...

Michael P Goodman MD

Davis, CA, USA

A hole after a vaginoplasty?

Your photos aren't clear enough. See your surgeon. Sometimes superficial skin sutures dissolve and leave superficial tiny holes which close up quickly. With some styles of deep suturing of the muscles, the knots poke against the vaginal skin and cause erosion from within requiring removal. I don't use that type of suturing, but I've seen other surgeons do this with traditional posterior repairs.