How can I improve my side profile? (Photos)

I hate my side profile and I'm not sure I can even it out and improve it.

How can I improve my side profile?

An artistically designed and performed rhinoplasty with placement of a chin implant will provide a lovely aesthetic improvement in your profile.  Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon or a facial plastic surgeon to have a face to face consultation and review of photos of other patients.  Enjoy your results!

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for a more feminine and attractive profile.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant for a more feminine and attractive profile.  these will give your face better balance as well. Choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses and not the overdone look. Do not rely on imaging but rather results. 

Improving the balance and symmetry of the side profile

Thank you Cassandra for your pictures and question.  When I reviewed your pictures, there were 2 things which I noticed can be enhanced to achieve greater symmetry and balance of your profile: the first is your chin.  Your chin is slightly weak in comparison to your nose and lower lip and augmenting this structure will greatly improve your profile.  the second is your nose, it's slightly more prominent than the chin.  I would feminize the profile and tip of your nose with a slight reduction in the tip height and fullness.  I hope that helps and best of luck!  (We do offer complimentary consultations if you would like to schedule a consultation.)

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I improve my side profile?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty or chin implant to improve their profile. They are elective procedures and only you can determine if your nasal and chin features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and/or chin and whether it would be worthwhile. Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you would benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

How can I improve my side profile?

The hump can be softened and the tip can be deprojected through a close rhinoplasty to approach to eliminate visible scarring and reduce downtime.  A chin implant could be used to balance the lower face with the nose.

How can I improve my side profile?

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes which enable a cosmetic augmentation to the chin to help a facial balance and proportions. Bringing the chin forward will help balance out the side profile, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, refining the tip and narrowing the bridge line. Both procedures can be performed together or separately, depending upon patient's desires. For more information and many before and after rhinoplasty/chin implant combination examples, please see the video and the link below

Improving Side Profile of My Nose

Reducing  the mild convexity of your bridge and a slightly decreasing your tip projection with a rhinoplasty procedure would improve your nasal profile. I also suggest you consider a chin implant which itself will give the illusion of a smaller nose and improve proportions in your lower face.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  A chin implant can be performed at the same to help improve your jawline contour.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Closed Scarless Rhinoplasty is the answer

For your nose, which is pretty and appropriate for your face, only a subtle minimal change is suggested.  A closed scarless rhinoplasty would be the approach of choice.  It would subtly improve the profile and help bring it into balance (pull the tip in a little and sculpt the entire nose a bit).  Scarless rhinoplasty is the preferred choice of actesses and celebrities because it changes the nose with no tell-tale signs.

Consult a board certified scarless nose surgeon who does 100% of his surgical practice towards noses so you know you are with a skilled expert.

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD