Am I a good candidate for a Tummy tuck now or should I wait? (photos)

I have been researching tummy tucks since I had my first son at 21. I had my third son in 2014. I am now 26, I went from 216 to 180. Took about a year. Still trying to tone up and burn fat. But my tummy is very discouraging and I feel very disgusting. I plan to live a very healthy lifestyle permanently. I am happy with the size of the rest of my body parts. but my stomach makes me feel like I havent been trying at all. I need a doctors honest and professional opinion, please.

Ideal weight for a tummy tuck

A small amount of weight loss following an abdominoplasty would not substantially affect the outcome but a large amount will. I generally recommend that patients are within 10 to 15 pounds of there anticipated final weight before having the procedure. By waiting until this weight is achieved will allow for a better outcome initially and also reduce the likelihood of having extra skin develop following further weight loss. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Achieving your goals-abdominoplasty

Thanks for posting your story and photos!Congratulations on your commitment to achieving your personal goals!! You've made quite a bit of progress in the weight loss arena. A traditional abdominoplasty procedure is likely to benefit you ultimately. This will remove excess skin and fatty tissue beneath your belly button and stretch skin from above to a low incision above your pubic hairline. This operation is absolutely best endeavored at a safe and stable weight. Your BMI should be 28 or less to reduce the likelihood of complications associated with the procedure. I'd recommend that you meet with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your unique case and recommendations to reach your goal safely.

Rachel Streu, MD

Am I a good candidate for a Tummy tuck now or should I wait?

I have reviewed your photos and I feel a full abdominoplasty combined with upper abdomen and hip (flanks) liposuction would give you a nice result.

Fred Suess, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate

Based on your photos, it appears as though you would benefit from a tummy tuck. With that being said, photos alone cannot fully show whether you would be a good candidate for a surgical procedure. Additionally, if you haven’t yet reached your goal weight, I would recommend doing that first. Once you’ve reached your goal weight and continue to have the same concerns, find a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon to schedule and in person consultation with. Together, you will be able to better asses your goals and reach an outcome that best suits your body and your lifestyle.  

Tummy tuck

You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you are planning to lose weight, you will have an even better result if you lose some weight before surgery. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person and you will have a better idea if you are in fact a good candidate.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

From your photos, and if you are not planning to have any more children, I believe you would be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck, possibly with some liposuction of the flanks.  Check with your primary doctor to see if they have any concerns about your overall heath before proceeding with the surgery.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive tummy tuck experience and plan on a recovery period of 4 to 6 weeks.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and fat grafting to your buttocks. You should get a great result, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

Hello. Yes you are a good candidate for full tummy tuck, it will give you the look you want. Additionally lipo in flanks with fat transfer to the buttocks can be done and get a much better shape. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Based on your limited photo, you appear to be anatomically a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you are within 10 pounds of your ideal weight, have a BMI less than 30 and have finished all of your pregnancies. Lesser procedures will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy. 
If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and congratulations on all of your hard work.The question of whether to proceed with a tummy tuck now depends on whether you're happy with your current weight. It's best to have a tummy tuck surgery when you are close to your goal weight (within 10-15 pounds). If you're happy now, then start having consultations to discuss tummy tuck surgery. If you have plans to lose a significant amount of weight in the future, then I would hold off on having your tummy tuck until you've lost the weight. This gives you the best chance of having a long-lasting result, and not needing a revision.Good candidates for tummy tuck are healthy and have a BMI less than 30. If you meet those criteria, based on your photos, you appear to be the great candidate for a tummy tuck surgery. A tummy tuck incision can be kept very low on your abdomen, so that it is hidden by underwear, a bathing suit, and clothing. Your abdominal wall will also be tightened to restore a flat tummy. Liposuction of your flanks helps create in hourglass figure.Keep up the hard work.