I have a hanging stomach after a c-section, which procedure would be better: Laser lipo or a tummy tuck? (Photos)

I'm debating on laser lipo for my abdomen and flanks, for the quick recovery time and not having to be under anesthesia. I have hanging stomach due to 2 c sections and not eating right. I've been working out aggressively for the last two months and all I see is my stomach dropping. Any suggestions

Tummy options

Thanks for your inquiry, I would recommend an excisional procedure like a tummy tuck.  I own a Triplex Laser Lipo system, I think you would left with loose skin, best of luck.  

Tummy options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and photos.  You have a significant amount of redundant skin on your anterior abdomen, and the only way to correct this would be with a tummy tuck.  Based on your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for tummy tuck with flank liposuction.  It's great that you have been working out and losing weight - I would suggest that you lose as much as possible before surgery, as this will allow you to have the best result possible.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person evaluation if you would like to learn more.

Tummy tuck

Laser lipo or a tummy tuck?

Hello and Thank you for your question and images provided. By evaluating you I recommend a full tummy tuck to remove the excess skin and to obtain better results. Seek for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good Luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Laser lipo or a tummy tuck?

Good Luck!

Ricardo Ventura, MD

Hanging stomach

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture and your description Full TT will give optimal results. If you already have a hanging skin smart lipo is not the best option. TT will remove the excess hanging skin and tighten your abdominal muscles. 

Hanging stomach

I have a hanging stomach after a c-section, which procedure would be better: Laser lipo or a tummy tuck

Judging by the amount of skin present, I think the tummy tuck would be a much better choice and give you a better look than laser lipo

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos and history of pregnancy I would suggest that a tummy tuck would be your best option. The tummy tuck will remove the excess skin and tighten your abdominal muscles both of which were stretched during pregnancy. Liposuction will not address these issues. Liposuction to your back and flanks will help contour these areas and can be done during the tummy tuck procedure. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam and medical assessment. 

Dr. Daniel

Tummy Tuck

Dr. Daniel

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a better candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Lipo

Based off of your pictures it looks like you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Liposuction will not address the excess skin that you have in your pictures. A plastic surgeon may recommend a combination of liposuction and a tummy tuck.  It is important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to ensure you will achieve the best result.

Best of luck.  

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Lipo

Best of luck.  

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Tumm

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get an entire back, waist and flanks liposuction, with BBL, and tummy tuck, this is because all the extra skin located in this areas plus your abdominal muscle needs to be repaired. Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. For us your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Tumm

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Laser lipo or tummy tuck for hanging tissue ?

With your history of two C-sections and hanging tissue, a tummy tuck is your best choice.  The tummy tuck will not only remove the loose skin but also can correct muscle separation due to the pregnancies.  Liposuction may be useful for your flanks.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon and good luck.