Is the bruising on my breast normal 5 days after Breast Lift with Implants under the muscle? (photos)

Are my symptoms normal 5 days after breast lift with implants under the muscle. I first had a severe rash develop the day after surgery that covered me from the neck down to the bottom of my stomach. My doctor put me on steroids to treat the problem. Now I notice that my right breast seems to have dark bruising that covers a large part of my breast with painful swelling that I thought would have went down by now. Sharp pains with a hot sensation come and go along with sparatic muscle spasms.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bruising

This bruising does not look out of the ordinary but an exam in person would be essential. If concerned,  I suggest you see your surgeon.

Is the bruising on my breast normal 5 days after Breast Lift with Implants under the muscle?

Limit all activity that uses your arms for 2 weeks.  This can cause bruising and swelling.  Contact your surgeon for an exam to confirm you have not caused any damage.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Is Bruising Normal at 5 Days Post-op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition or color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing as well.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD