5 Mo Post Op - is This a Double Bubble, Rippling or Something Else? (photo)

I have 350cc HP silicone subglandular implants. I have had no complications up to this point. However, a couple weeks ago, I began noticing a line forming an inch or so above my crease on both breasts (though my right breast is more noticeable). To my knowledge, my natural crease was not lowered during surgery. As you can see, the line is fairly minor at this point, but I would like to know what may be causing this, if it will get worse, and what the corrective options are.

Minimal double bubble after breast implants can be ignored.

Hi.

Yes, you have a slight double bubble, worse on one side.  No need to do anything unless the look really bothers you.  If it does, it can be easily revised.

Double bubble?

Thank you for your photos... it helps us appreciate more what you are concerned about.  As for the crease, perhaps one could be there but I cannot appreciate anything detracting from your photos.  Your fold had to be lowered to have the look you have now and if you can identify a mole or other mark on your body, you should be able to appreciate that.  I would not worry about what you have and enjoy your new look as you do look fine.  But with subglandular implants, I would suggest you wear a supportive bra whenever up and around.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation - double bubble

It does seem like you are gradually developing a double bubble and the incision in your crease is gradually rising as your implant goes lower.  At your next follow up visit, discuss with your surgeon what the revision policy is as you may need one in the future.  Best Wishes!

5 Mo Post Op - is This a Double Bubble, Rippling or Something Else?

Very goos result but yes the edge of the breast tissue inferiorly is showing. Or that "doubler bubble" effect. Fat grafting has help improve this with riggotomies. 

Bottoming out

It looks like you are bottoming out a bit. It is mild. You may want to give it some more time to see how the tissue responds in terms of stretching.  If not a revision may be required.

Slight bottoming out of implant coupled with pre-existing ptosis

Your relatively minor contour problem is due in part to your pre-existing breast ptosis or sagging and a slight bottoming out of the implant.  If it gets worse you may require a re-enforcement of the inframammary crease.  

Double Bubble

I agree with the previous Surgeon. You are showing some malpositioning (bottoming out) of the implant. However, as one looks at your pre-op photos, it appears that there was some degree of ptosis (breast descent) and it might be that the original surgeon placed large implants and lowered the fold in an attempt to get a lifted appearance without having an actual breast lift incision/scar.

Breast augmentation great result

You were a very difficult breast augmentation due to a high fold and resultant drooping of the gland with low nipples.  You surgeon did a great job to get the result you show!  The line is actually where your old fold was located and this usually gets better with time. This line  is occasionally noticable as the last of the swelling from surgery resolves.  Keep your breasts well supported with an under wire bra to make the result last.

William Koenig, MD
Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Contour issues are possible even with silicone gel implants.

From the photograph it appears you may have a little bit of both. The contour irregularity above the incision is probably due to the shell of the implant. The bottom of the breast appears to be below the incision which would have been placed in the infra mammary fold. You need to visit your surgeon.