I'm from MN and searching for a surgeon locally for a vaginoplasty. Can you recommend someone?

3 vaginal deliveries baby; sadly after my 3rd child. No sense of muscle internal and external. I feel nothing during intercourse; the hubby and I both know and feel the differences. No more sex;once in a blue moon. Like to have vaginoplasty and a younger looking vagina to save my marriage. Above all this; I sneeze, cough, and laugh; I would feel urine leak up til today and she's already 24 month. Lastly, still want 1 more child but it's impossible to conceive when sex isn't good anymore. Advise?!

Doctor Answers 4

Vaginal laxity blues after 3 children

I hear your concerns load and clear. Urinary leakage suggests that more than just vaginal laxity is going on here. You've probably got some damage to your pelvic floor which necessitates pelvic reconstructive surgery at the time of your vaginoplasty. This can all be improved, but future vaginal childbirth will probably destroy your results. I would recommend you either find a doc who would do an elective cesarean to protect the work or defer the work until after you push another one out. Don't let geography stand between you and your goals. I have many patients who hop on plane, have surgery, and fly home 2 days later.

Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Seek a Board Cerified Surgeon Who Specializes in Vaginoplasty

It is imperative to find a surgeon who is #Board Certified.
Board #Certified Plastic Surgeons may have experience and training in performing #vaginoplasty surgeries.
Training in reconstructive #genital surgery and transgender surgery along with experience in aesthetic procedures, provide Plastic Surgeons with special skills to perform these operations.Some gynecologists and uro-gynecologists have special interest and training in this aspect of women’s care.
One key to a satisfying result is realistic expectations.
Also, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 107 reviews

Local vaginoplasty

It is difficult to recommend a surgeon unless you actually watch them perform surgery.  The problem with vaginoplasty surgery isn't just being a good gynecologic or pelvic floor reconstructive surgeon, it has to be a surgeon who really understands vaginal tightening too.  The surgeon needs the correct training, good technique and great experience.   

All to often the surgeon will fix the prolapse and not tighten the vagina or only tighten the vaginal opening which does not fulfill the criteria for a improved functional vagina.  sometimes the surgeon will only tighten the opening of the vagina and not diagnose or fix the prolapse.  You really need to choose surgeon wisely by researching your potential surgeon and vetting their expertise.   Choose a surgeon like its one of the most important investment of your life.  

John R Miklos MD
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

John R. Miklos, MD, FPMRS, FACS
Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

I'm from MN and searching for a surgeon locally for a vaginoplasty. Can you recommend someone?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your symptoms.  Based on all of your symptoms, including urinary incontinence, I would recommend a thorough pelvic examination by an ob/gyn with advanced fellowship training in pelvic floor reconstruction.  Check the american board of obstetrics and gynecology to find a doctor near your area.  Best wishes. 

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.