Sex better before vaginoplasty. What do I need to have done to fix this?

I have about 1 cm worth of tightest then it opens to about 5 cms... What do i need to have done to fix this? Is there any exercises I can do to help?

Doctor Answers 3

Revision surgery vaginoplasty

Dear P

I agree with Dr Goodman and Dr Pelosi you need a surgeon who understands pelvic floor reconstruction.  The reason why the subspecialty of urogynecology was made is the average plastic surgeon and gynecology don't always under stand reconstruction.   That being said not all urogynecologists understand sexual function.  You need s sexual function specialist which is usually a gyn or urogyn who specializes in cosmetic vaginal surgery.

From my experience  and from what you have told me --- I doubt exercises are going to help... but the good news is its not going to hurt the only thing you are wasting is time.   You are not going to want to hear this but you need to be examined by someone who understands pelvic floor sexual function and anatomy.  You most likely will need another surgery.  Choose  a surgeon wisely and someone who has experience, expertise and gets great results.

John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologists & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Atlanta Urogynecologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Words cannot replace physical examination for assessing vaginal caliber for revisions

Once you've had a vaginoplasty, the anatomy has been altered. If you sense that your are loose, the normal relationships and locations of muscles and supports are no longer consistent. Since the vaginal canal is cylindrical, anything and everything in the 360 degrees of the canal may account for the sensation of looseness. I would recommend an exam with an expert in vaginoplasty and pelvic reconstructive surgery to make sure nothing is missed.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City OB/GYN
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Not tight enough after vaginoplasty: What To Do??

Like Dr. Pelosi, I wish I could help you, but the ONLY way you can get the information & answers you seek is to visit a gynecologist or urogynecologist who also is savvy in the area of sexual medicine and knows about sexually mediated vaginal tightening surgery. It is important as well for this person to know of local pelvic floor physical therapy practitioners that you can work with.

I know that is a lot of work for you to find someone with these quualifications- you may neeed to travel- but this is the only honest answer I can give you, no matter how many times you ask.

Best wishes,

Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA, USA

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.