Is a regular tummy tuck with muscle repair what I need? (photo)

I've had 4 LARGE babies, I am pretty confident my muscles are separated right at my belly button. I have a pretty good sized "flap" of skin on my lower belly that hangs over my CSection scar (which is right where my panties are going across my belly in these pics. Do you think I have enough loose skin on my upper belly to stretch all the way to my CSection scar? I do NOT want 2 scars going across my belly!

Tummy Tuck to Repair Muscles

Hi there, and thanks for your question. Based on your photos alone, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck to repair your displaced abdominal muscles and remove the loose skin causing your "flap." It's likely your C-section scar could also be addressed. However, it's best to get a recommendation from a board-certified plastic surgeon during an in-person consultation. Good luck!

Is a regular tummy tuck with muscle repair what I need?

A tummy tuck (with muscle repair) with liposuction of the flanks would produce the best result.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  You have a nice body shape, and should expect a great result! Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Tummy tuck and muscle repair

In my opinion you are a perfect candidate for a short extended tummy Tuck in order to remove all of the saggy skin on your abdomen but also some of the skin on your sides (through the extended incision) to avoid the horrible dog ears. Also I would recommend to go a tight muscle repair to get a flat abdomen and definitely a smaller waist. 
You already have a very nice body shape as a great foundation to achieve a beautiful result. 
I would add some liposuction to lovehandle area and waist, just to enhanced your result and create a very curvaceous figure.
Be encouraged!!!
dr. Cardenas 

Tummy tuck for me?

You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  It is difficult to know from photos how far your skin will stretch and even on exam it is not possible to know for certain.  The incision is usually placed low on the abdomen which allows for removal of your C-section scar and muscle tightening should result in a much flatter and more attractive abdominal contour.  Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

To all your concerns the response is a YES!. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city...

Tummy tuck with muscle repair

My recommendation would be a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) with tightening of the muscle wall and flank liposuction.  You would need to be examined for an accurate prediction of how far the loose skin from your upper abdomen can be repositioned but it is reasonable to think that it quite possible. There is no reason to think you would end up with two scars.  The abdominoplasty incision can be incorporated into the c section scar.

Full tummy tuck plus muscle repair is likely your best option

Based on your photographs you appear to have significant abdominal wall weakness and likely a diastases recti plus significant loose skin.

Based on your photograph you are a candidate for a full tummy tuck and I do believe your skin will reach the lower abdominal area but an in person examination and consultation is required to answer you correctly.

Tummy tuck with mesh to repair torn abdominal fascia from multiple pregnancies

Thank you for your question and photos.

You are certainly a good candidate for a full TT. No vertical scar necessary. I would also recommend you strongly consider repairing your abdominal wall with surgical mesh. Surgical mesh is used routinely  to repair abdominal hernias. I have found that women like yourself who have had multiple pregnancies suffer from weakened/torn fascia (lining that helps hold abdominal wall firmly). The mesh reinforces your abdominal wall to help keep all your internal organs where they belong and strengthens your center of gravity which also helps with back pain and weight loss.  I also routinely 'cinch' the waist on the sides to define your waistline without liposuction (added cost and increased risk of injuring blood supply). 

Kind regards,
Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Fuu Tummy Tuck Indicated

You need a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, skin resection, belly button relocation, and liposuction.   You appear to have a large rectus separation.   Your weight may be a little problem with inter abdominal fat.   I think you can have a full tummy tuck but you may still  be convex in the belly because of fat.  Hard to tell.  I think you will not need the little vertical scar to close your old belly button site but you may.  If so this is no big deal.   You are a good candidate for the full tummy tuck.   My best,  Dr C